1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Question Breast feeding

Discussion in 'Ask Us a Question!' started by Noreen, Jan 7, 2019.

Tags: Add Tags
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Noreen

Noreen Guest

I have breast fed my lovely 2 months baby girl since birth. Now my breasts have become painful, red and very inflamed. My mother says I have mastitis and I should stop breast feeding. Is there any vegan baby formula milk?. I am horrified I will have to use processed milk from animals.

2. silva

silva Addicted Poster

• Like Like x 1
  3. Indian Summer

Indian Summer One of a kind Administrator

If this is mastitis, according to the La Leche League, you should not stop breast feeding - this will make the problem much worse. However, the mastitis also needs to be treated at the same time.

The La Leche League provides good advice and support, see their page on mastitis here:
    Mastitis - La Leche League GB

My wife has very good experience with La Leche League, they really helped, and she was able to breastfeed until both baby and her felt it was time to quit (around 2 years?), despite many issues along the way.

Don't forget that pumping/expressing is also an option, though the best thing is obviously continuing breastfeeding.

I don't think there is vegan baby formula in the U.K., but there is a soya-based one where the only un-vegan ingredient is D3.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice