1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

TV & Film Ash vs Evil Dead

Discussion in 'Media & Entertainment' started by Jeremy, Oct 31, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra 1½ years vegan, 4 years meat-free!

It's already been determined that this is also a Bruce Campbell appreciation thread, so I have to share this f*cking awesome 80s ad.... :lol::jump::master:

Cripes, that could be an old audition tape! Easily the coolest thing I've seen this month.... :p

• Like Like x 3
  2. MadamSarcastra

I think he's just gonna keep posting these... and I can't get enough... at this point....

Oh, so.. utterly.. awesomely.. terrible.... <3:lol:

• Like Like x 2
  3. MadamSarcastra

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

I love how that bartender sticks his head right in the middle of the scene. :p

BTW, were you aware that Bruce Campbell played Santa Claus on the (now canceled) TNT series The Librarians? The series is available on DVD, so check it out!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MadamSarcastra

I used to have paper dolls... and after seeing this, I want - nay, need - Bruce Campbell paper dolls....

They're missing so many.... LOL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA: And holy sh*t, I guess that is actually possible... I got a response! :p

How to order you own paper Bruce-ness:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  6. MadamSarcastra

I can't believe I've never seen this movie. :fp: It is now on my must-watch list.... LOL

• Like Like x 1
  7. MadamSarcastra

Holy sh*t, holy sh*t, holy sh*t.... :woo: There's actually a chance that my hometown theatre might do Evil Dead: The Musical!! :weird:

I recently mentioned it to someone (my mom's friend Joy who does costumes at BCP)... she asked if I was auditioning for the latest show... I said I hate musicals now & the only way I'd ever do another one would be if it was something like Toxic Avenger, Avenue Q, or Evil Dead.

Well, she & Mike (the musical guy) want to do it. Great... she can costume. But having Mike direct Evil Dead would be tantamount to blasphemy. :|

So I texted Jerry about this revelation (Joy was at the restaurant with my folks... she's a big name-dropper... she might know Bruce Campbell, she for sure knows his wife).... and Jerry never responds to me on Saturdays. Actually, he hasn't responded to a text in a couple weeks.

But he did this time! Four words... "I want to direct." :cool:

I'm too old to play college age... and there's no Henrietta... :( So I think I'd like to be the possessed talking moose head.... :dance: LMAO

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. MadamSarcastra

9. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

10. MadamSarcastra

I think you guys would really dig it. Keep in mind, it is an opera... every line is sung or "rapped".... Paris Hilton is god-awful, as you could expect... but her just-fate is gorily satisfying. :p And trust me, there is more than plenty of gore to go around....

And did you know that Paul Sorvino is a legit operatic tenor?? I sure didn't, but wow, he blew me away! :clap:

Give it a watch.... :up:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tom

Tom Addicted Poster

Break a leg! (Is that still theater jargon for "Good luck"?)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. MadamSarcastra

It is. I usually say, "Break sh*t. Don't suck." :p

13. MadamSarcastra

14. MadamSarcastra

OK, so my folks were at the AACT World Fest in Venice, Florida this past week... it's an international community theatre festival, competitions with cutting from plays, meetings, round-tables, you can buy sh*t, etc....

Anyhoo, long story short... while there, my mother bought me a script for Evil Dead: The Musical!! :woo: :jump:

ED-script-1.JPG
    ED-script-2.JPG

Now, if Jer & I want to do this at BCP (next summer, they've already chosen a show for this summer & it's not this one), we need to put together a proposal & present it to the board. :| I know, it's "stuffy" but that's how it works... friggin' bureaucracy. LOL :rolleyes:

But we have a tangible script now!! And we can do so much to prepare even before any board meeting... like brain-storming with some very talented folks Jer & I know, to really blow this sh*t up in an awesome way.... :cool:

EEEE-HEE-HEE-HEEEEE!!! It's mine! Evil Dead script is mine!! :devil::starshower:

• Like Like x 2
  15. MadamSarcastra

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. MadamSarcastra

Heeheeheehee.... Remember this guy?

[​IMG]

17. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

Evil Dead II is my favorite of the Evil Dead movies :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MadamSarcastra

Ha-ha, awesome! :D

• Like Like x 2
  19. MadamSarcastra

**gasp** I want this! :woo: More to the point, I want it for Jerry... it'd be a great addition to his collection.... LOL

• Like Like x 1
  20. MadamSarcastra

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice