1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

April Health Challenge

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by shyvas, Apr 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. shyvas

shyvas Deity Forum Moderator

2. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

I want to lose 7 pounds this month.

I'm also taking some Chinese herbs that are meant to help my thyroid as my GP thinks I have hypothyroidism. I thought it was worth a try as it would mean I would have to go onto medication for the rest of my life if I get a positive result next month. I'm also cutting out foods that are meant to hurt your thyroid. It's annoying as a lot of them are very healthy so that will make doing WW more difficult. It's all foods I like too.

Brazil nuts are supposed to help as they contain selenium. Of course I don't like them.:D You can have macadamia nuts and hazelnuts as well. I will buy some.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  3. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

Please, be careful with brazil nuts...:) The adequate intake for adults is 4 nuts per day.
    Too many Brazil nuts can cause selenium poisoning - Nutrition Myths
    Btw, i didn't like them either.:D (They are too bitter,- perhaps, it has to mean something).:shrug:

4. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

I can't believe it is April! I want to continue my journey back to regular exercise and back to weight loss mode. I had a great week last week with exercise, but I am still not 100 percent there with food.

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

I'm probably going to struggle to eat one a day as they taste so nasty.:p I got some hazelnuts as well as I do like them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

Aha, i ditched the idea of buying them, as they are not only nasty but pricy as well.:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

I returned my movies to the library on foot and splurged on a latte from a local shop I'd yet to visit (despite living here almost two years and its being 1.8 miles from my house, haha). So I walked 3.6 miles total. It was quite windy, but the bright sunshine made it bearable, along with the reappearance of the winter gear. :D I'd hoped I'd seen the last of my snow hats for the season, but alas, the cold is stubbornly sticking around a bit longer.

• Like Like x 2
  8. silva

silva Addicted Poster

Four Nuts Once a Month | NutritionFacts.org
    Put raw brazil nuts in the freezer. It's amazing how good they are frozen!
    I've been eating four on the first of every month, with a few here and there

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

I love Brazil nuts but haven’t had them in years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chryssie

Chryssie Internet Junkie

I will continue my quest to lose the same 10 pounds all over again! I am doing really well with the walking and am getting closer to my calorie goals ... some days anyway!

• Like Like x 5
  11. Katrina

Katrina Deity

My goals for this month are basic: eat lunch and dinner every day, and go for at least one walk (15+ minutes) every week.

Ideally, I'll exercise more than that, but no big deal if I don't.

• Like Like x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  12. Poppy

Poppy Ankle Biter

I'm still aiming to lose 2 - 3 more pounds. I think it will get a little easier with nice weather on the horizon. I'm such a wimp, though, I really only like to take walks under pristine conditions - which means in the mid-afternoon in the winter and early in the morning in summer so I either get the most heat or the least. I'm still doing yoga a few mornings a week, and I think it's really helps with all things having to do with life. :)

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

I got thyroid medication today as I didn't lose any weight this week at all.:mad: I think that must be the problem.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 6
  14. Katrina

Katrina Deity

This past week, I walked 4 km (monday) and then 2.3 km (today). I didn't keep track of my meals... pretty sure I skipped lunch at least one day. But I've been eating a proper dinner every night.

Oh, and I discovered a new snack: tomato salad. Just chop a tomato, cilantro, some avocado (or feta) and mix it all with a squirt of lime juice. It works well when I'm not too hungry but want something tasty.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

This tomato salad sounds pretty tasty.:flirt: It's a pity that i'll be unable to make it,- i really loathe both cilantro and avocado. Feta as well.:sigh: ...Armenians used to make a salad of only tomatoes, enormous amount of fresh onion rings, plus some grass (if available).:shrug:

16. Katrina

Katrina Deity

I think I've lost 1 pound, but I can't really tell for sure.

Tomorrow I plan to go to the gym and start a free 1-week trial. *crosses fingers* hopefully I won't back out!

• Like Like x 3
  17. silva

silva Addicted Poster

Well, Feb was a good whole food plant based month, March junk food binging took over, now April and I'm determined to go back to wfpb because I really feel like crap, and without eating right, it's so hard to exercise.
    I went to the park to walk, the dirt paths were still kinda muddy so I stuck to paved trails. Wore the wrong shoes, the wrong socks, but managed to walk for an hour. Then I stopped at the produce market hoping for reduced produce as it's late Sunday. I really wanted artichokes! They had nothing but old looking oranges and radishes!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
  18. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

It's been rainy all day, so I'm going to work out on the exercise bike in a bit for 30 to 45 minutes.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Katrina

Katrina Deity

I did power walking on the treadmill with several short intervals of sprinting. Did 6 km. This was using the Zombie, Run! app that I just downloaded today. I actually look forward to running again tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. shyvas

shyvas Deity Forum Moderator

That's impressive as I only manage to do 15 minutes when boredom kicks in. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1