1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone want to move to Japan?

Discussion in 'Other Countries' started by robert99, Sep 17, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Japan seeks to double foreign workers to combat ageing, falling population
    Two aides to Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said the nation is planning to bring in more overseas workers to bolster the shrinking labour force.

Masahiko Shibayama, a lawmaker in Abe’s ruling Liberal Democratic Party lawmaker who serves as a special adviser to the prime minister, said in an interview in Singapore on Friday that policies under consideration may result in a doubling of foreign workers in Japan.

Immigration has often been proposed as a solution to Japan’s demographic woes in an ageing society with a low birthrate. Abe has vowed to stop the population from falling below 100 million from the current 127 million, though the idea of bringing in more foreigners has yet to take root amid concerns about the potential effect on a relatively closed society.

2. Indian Summer

Indian Summer Administrator Owner

3. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

I don’t want to live there, but I’ve been wanting to visit Japan as a tourist for most of my life. It’s on my bucket list.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice