• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

Literature Advent Quiz

Glögg

Automaton
annakalingauthor said:
Yes, it’s actually day three of advent, but I’m only doing week days. I agreed to be Christmas quizmaster at work so the team can fight it out for our advent calendar’s 0.2g of chocolate each day (0.6g on Mondays, as the winner gets the weekend chocolates as well). It’s fierce. I thought I would …
More: Advent Quiz: Day 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Glögg

Automaton
annakalingauthor said:
Check out Day 1 if you missed it. It occurs to me that some quiz questions are going to be UK-centric, so apologies to my international friends. Today is an Arts and Books round. I know most of the people following this blog are avid readers, so FOR SHAME if you don’t ace it. As …
More: ADVENT QUIZ: DAY 2

Glögg

Automaton
annakalingauthor said:
Day 2 is here if you missed it. Today is a food and drink round. Yum! Which Christmas vegetable does the UK produce approximately 80,000 tonnes of per year? 2. Which alcohol is traditionally included in Christmas pudding? 3. Which fruit sauce traditionally accompanies the turkey? 4. Which Christmas dish did 18th century Quakers say …
More: Advent Quiz: Day 3

Glögg

Automaton
annakalingauthor said:
Day 3 here. Today’s theme is Christmas Around the World. I have started making the quizzes easier, following many despondent faces among the team. Which city put up this controversial sculpture of a Christmas tree in 2014? Click here for the pic – potentially NSFW… 2. Instead of reindeer, which animal delivers the presents in …
More: Advent Quiz: Day 4

Indian Summer

Cult Leader
Administrator
Finally! I know the answer to a question! In fact two questions! And I could probably guess on the Greenland question.

Judging by the other questions, though, apparently UK Christmas culture is completely alien to me, despite having lived here for more than a decade. Oh well, just another immigrant who's failed to integrate, I suppose :)

KLS52

Only Kindness Matters
anakalingauthor said: "It occurs to me that some quiz questions are going to be UK-centric, so apologies to my international friends."

No worries...don't let my whining bother you, lol. :)

It's forcing me to google the answers so I'm learning something.

Glögg

Automaton
annakalingauthor said:
Play Day 4 here. Today is an entertainment / pop culture round, so if we don’t do well it’s obviously because we were born in the wrong decade for my old-fashioned / newfangled questions. What’s the name of the cartoon Simpsons’ dog? 2. Which song was UK Christmas number 1 twice, first in 1975 and …
More: Advent Quiz: Day 5

Glögg

Automaton
annakalingauthor said:
Find Day 5 here. Today is a board game special, because I love board games. Name the two Scrabble letters worth 10 points each. 2. Cavity Sam is the main character of which game? 3. Name the four railway stations in Monopoly. (Non UKers, feel free to use your local board!) 4. What is the …
More: Advent Quiz: Day 6

KLS52

Only Kindness Matters
I was about to say, “yo, slacker”... then remembered you were only doing weekdays, lol! :)

Glögg

Automaton
annakalingauthor said:
Day 6, board games special, is here. Today is a music round, and I warn you that it’s slanted towards the last decade or so. Age is kicking youth’s butt here in the office and the benevolent quizmaster is trying to restore some balance… Name the artist of these UK Christmas Number 1s: 2 Become 1 2. …
More: Advent Quiz: Day 7

Glögg

Automaton
annakalingauthor said:
Sorry, I’m a few days behind. I actually had to do some work. Jeez. Day 7 here. Day 8 is an entertainment round and is the last quiz before I gave up and made everything as easy as I could without actually insulting my quizzees. Hello, Goodbye was the last Christmas No 1 for which group? … <a href="Advent Quiz: Day 8" class="more-link">Continue reading <span class="screen-reader-text">Advent Quiz: Day 8</span></a>
More: Advent Quiz: Day 8

Glögg

Automaton
annakalingauthor said:
Day 8 here. Day 9 is my favourite: science and nature. Not so easy to find S&N Christmas questions, gotta tell ya. Name any of Santa’s reindeer, apart from Rudolph. (If you want a challenge, name them all!) 2. What colour are mistletoe berries? 3. Name three types of birds mentioned in the song The … <a href="Advent Quiz: Day 9" class="more-link">Continue reading <span class="screen-reader-text">Advent Quiz: Day 9</span></a>
More: Advent Quiz: Day 9