Terms of Service and Rules
- You must either a) adhere to a flavour of vegetarianism or b) you must be transitioning to such a diet or lifestyle. Vegetarianism excludes the consumption of animal flesh. (Note that non-members can ask questions in the Ask Us a Question forum.)
- You must be at least 13 Earth-years old.
- Don't share your account with others. The account is personal, i.e. for one person, and it's not for companies or web sites. You can only have one account at any time.
- Don't use your account mainly for promotion of web sites, web pages, products, companies, or organizations. If you wish to promote a product relevant to veg*ns, please post this in The Bazaar forum. (This forum is only visible when logged in.)
- Don't cross-post content into multiple threads. While posts / topics can sometimes fit into multiple threads / categories, we ask that you choose only one so as to keep all of the conversation in one place. If you need help deciding, please talk to a mod.
- Don't argue or debate in The Vegan Forum or The Vegetarian Forum unless you identify with the respective lifestyles. These forums are lifestyle support areas.
- Don't post any illegal content.
- Don't engage in name-calling or ad hominem attacks against fellow members or ex-members, and don't click the "Like" button on posts with such content.
- Don't post information from private conversations anywhere unless you have been given permission to do so.
Violators of 1 - 4 will be banned. Repeated violations of 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 will also lead to banishment.
Some forums have additional rules or guidelines which are posted within the particular forums, so please read these before you post there. (See e.g. the guidelines for the Debate forum.)
Note that new members can't post URLs. Such URLs will be automatically hidden by the software.
It is assumed that all members behave in a civilised manner, but also that we're not overly sensitive. If this proves to be a problem for anyone, a staff member will attempt to assist. As a last resort we will consider temporary or permanent banishment.
Moderation will be enforced based on the "best effort" principle.
ACCESS TO MEMBERS-ONLY FORUMS
This board has a couple of forums that are only accessible to members. The moderators will not allow anyone access to these forums unless they have posted an intro thread and have become an established member. Access to a few of the forums are given at the moderators' discretion only. To gain access to the private forums (except The VIP Club) you need to join the corresponding user groups.
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.